Along with any notions of nonBiblical sex, America is packing away its dreams and memories of a liberal nation. Also into hiding and whispers go any thought of rebellion against stolen elections and a corrupt republic. It's housecleaning time and the jazzoLOG sites have become as messy as those storefront Democratic headquarters in every town, now returned to haunted vacancy. I'll be consolidating and deleting some of the articles that have appeared, because cyberspace just ain't infinite. Besides, Democrats certainly need practice in organization and calm judgment. As a result, some comments may be removed. If you wish to save any you added over the past few months, please do so during the next week.
Tomorrow a House of Representatives Judiciary Subcommittee is conducting a forum in Columbus, Ohio, in an effort to discover if any factual wrongdoing was done in voting and tabulation procedures in this state. There also is a recount beginning here, with a plan in place should the result turn out differently than what will be considered by the Electoral College. Also tomorrow a lawsuit may be filed at last in Ohio that has been promised for a couple weeks; at this point I'm not sure what it will be about. Message boards on fraud in the American election continue to grow and are loud and angry day and night, but real facts about alleged crimes are fading into conspiracy theories.
Thanks to my dear friend Robert Whealey, Emeritus Associate Professor of History at Ohio University, I can close with this list of facts about our election for your consideration~~~
20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USAmoderator at portside.org Thu Dec 9 00:37:58 EST 2004
20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
by Angry Girl
Did you know....
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only twocompanies: Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatoryauthority or oversight of the U.S. voting machineindustry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president ofES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bushcampaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that hewas "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoralvotes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairmanof ES&S. He became Senator based on votes counted byES&S machines.
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected withthe Bush family, was recently caught lying about hisownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of GeorgeW. Bush's vice-presidential candidates.
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer inthe U.S. and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have nopaper trail of any votes. In other words, there is noway to verify that the data coming out of the machineis the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, andticket machines, all of which log each transaction andcan generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as seniormanagers and developers to help write the centralcompiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in30 states.
13. Jeff Dean, Diebold's Senior Vice-President andsenior programmer on Diebold's central compiler code,was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the firstdegree.
14. Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean wasconvicted of planting back doors in his software andusing a "high degree of sophistication" to evadedetection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers wereallowed in the polls in Ohio.
16. California banned the use of Diebold machinesbecause the security was so bad. Despite Diebold'sclaims that the audit logs could not be hacked, achimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here <
17. 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out onunverifiable touch screen voting machines with no papertrail.
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machineerrors detected and reported in Florida went in favorof Bush or Republican candidates.
19. The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, isthe President's brother.
20. Serious voting anomalies in Florida -- againalways favoring Bush -- have been mathematicallydemonstrated and experts are recommending furtherinvestigation.